Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Do not talk to strangers!

Do not talk to strangers!

It was a wonderful Monday when I started my day with a meaningful breakfast with my lovely wife then prepare ourselves to go to work. I attended the weekly flag raising ceremony which we always do every Monday, after the event I went to the administration's and ask for the status of my proposal, getting some instructions from my boss. I thought of having the usual routine that day. When I’m about to have my lunch, I went to the nearest fast-food to have my lunch and to my surprise I saw my youngest sister waiting for somebody, then I approached her saying “what are you doing here?” she told me “I’m helping an old woman who’s about to rent a truck to load her stuff, she gave me this purse with a 20,000.00 bucks inside, she told me to wait here” I was alarmed and asked her “where is your cellular phone?” then she told me “she gave it to an old woman as a collateral for her purse full of money” then I took that green purse and open it, it was a bundle of paper. I told my sister that she was victimized by a group of swindlers called “budol-budol gang” then my sister was shocked and terrified, in a little while she cried and feel sorry for what happened. It feels so sad to know that out of my sister’s desire and concern to help to others she was mistreated and offended by this budol-budol gang (swindlers).

A little of advice to every one of us, if someone asking for a help like “can you assist me looking for a rent a truck/car or even where to buy this things? After that they will ask you if they can leave a bundle of money inside a purse or hunky if you’ll lend them important things that you have like mp3, ipod, cellular phone, jewelry ” be sensitive and don’t let them stare at your eyes because there’s a possibility for you to be hypnotized. One of the best things to do is refer them to a police man or a man in uniform to assist them in their queries and the one that our parents at all times telling us “Don’t talk to strangers!”

No comments: